You probably have a list of cleaning chemicals that you want to buy from a local shop for different types of surfaces, but when you calculate the total expenditure to buy them and you feel like –hell no, this is too much. Not so long ago, I was in that same sate. Now I have switched to go green. I have been using natural homemade cleaning products that have been working excellently for me and I save a lot of money. You will be surprise how different household items can be utilized as cleaning agents. Below I have highlighted few ideas which will make you start your journey to an eco-friendly household.
These are the key natural home cleaning products.
There are quite a number of ingredients that you can use make an effective cleaning product. They include:
1. Vinegar: just like lemon juice, vinegar has a light acid that makes it useful in many places such as removing odour and cleaning surfaces. White vinegar is the best suited for cleaning work as it is colorless, make makes it great for spot treating.
2. Lemon juice: due to its light acid, lemon juice can be used in a broad range of cleaning. It actually has a whitening quality and therefore can be helpful when you want to remove stains. Lemon juice is the perfect ingredient for a bathroom and faucet cleanser.
3. Rubbing Alcohol: it is a perfect disinfectant and a useful ingredient to remove stains. It dries faster and does a great work in dissolving dirt and oil. This a must have ingredient at your home. Use this substance with care as it is flammable and should be used in a well-ventilated room.
4. Hydrogen peroxide: hydrogen peroxide of 3-10% concentration is an all-purpose cleaner with whitening ability. You can use it as a natural disinfectant, but to preserve it ensure that you store it away from the sun and in its original dark bottle.
5. Baking soda: baking soda is a base, and it main use is as n non-abrasive scrub and odour remover. You will find this ingredient valuable when unclogging the drains and cleaning the bathroom and kitchen tops.
Importance of natural home cleaning products
1. Homemade cleaners are cheaper
These cleaners are made from ingredients that you already have in your house. The ingredients which we have in our kitchens such as vinegar, baking soda, and lemon, for instance can be used to make powerful home cleansing products.
2. They are multifunctional
These natural home cleaning products are pretty multifunctional and a single product can work in cleaning different surfaces. For instance you can clean the oven and polish you tiles with the same scrub saving on money and space.